[poky] RFC: create-pull-request / send-pull-request updates

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:43:32 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 10:01 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Darren Hart <dvhart at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thoughts/Comments?
>> >

>> I would suggest to alter the process a bit and get rid of the scripts
>> completely. Patches are sent to mailing list for review once reviewed
>> the final patches are
>> sent as git pull-request. It would simplify things.
>
> I'd argue that it doesn't. It just means the requests come in different
> formats, sometimes with key pieces of information missing which means
> the people trying to handle the requests (like me) get frustrated.
>
> I find it easiest to deal with requests that have come through those
> scripts.

I think review process and pull process are different. and pull follows reviews
right now they are sort of mixed. There are multiple pull requests that are sent
and sometimes one patch appears in multiple pull requests. Signoffs
acks etc. are not collected. Thats why I was suggesting
to use emails for reviews and there will be trail and then create pull requests