[poky] Setting image size

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Wed May 11 17:01:30 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 17:43 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I'm trying to increase the size of the pseudo disk used by Qemu.
> The variable IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE sets this.  If I add
>    IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE_ext3=512000
> to conf/local.conf, I get what I want.
>
> So why doesn't this work (without any changes to local.conf)?
>    IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE_ext3=512000 bitbake core-image-sato

The IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE variable is cleaned from the environment.

Variables which can be set from the shell at invocation are defined in
BB_ENV_WHITELIST and BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE.

Does something like:

BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE="IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE $BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE"
IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE_ext3=512000 bitbake core-image-sato

do what you want?

Joshua
--
Joshua Lock