[poky] qemuarm hangs

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed May 11 11:29:33 PDT 2011

Building from master, updated earlier today.

OE Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.11.0"
METADATA_BRANCH   = "my_master"
METADATA_REVISION = "2e4518bf18d977e1249ef7e7cd384df66e7b4801"
TARGET_ARCH       = "arm"
TARGET_OS         = "linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "qemuarm"
DISTRO            = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.0+snapshot-20110511"
TARGET_FPU        = "soft"

When I runqemu on core-image-sato, it brings up the simulated
video screen and the Yocto splash shows.  The progress bar goes
to about 60% and then it just hangs there forever.

core-image-minimal boots to a login prompt

Ideas?  How can I figure out where it's bombing out?