[poky] post-image-creation postinsts

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue May 3 16:38:08 PDT 2011

On 5/3/11 6:22 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 19:01 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>> Hi Richard,

>>> force the script to run on the target device. If there is a way to run
>>> this at image generation time (cross safe), tell us what it is and we
>>> can make it happen at image generation time!
>>
>> See the bit I quoted from my original mail.  I think the most general
>> solution is simply "run qemu, then shutdown",
>
> Wouldn't this only work for images where there's kernel support for the
> QEMU emulated devices?

Yes, and that is precisely why we're trying to avoid QEMU as much as possible.

The right answer really is to fix the install actions with appropriately
modified native utilities to generate caches, files, etc as necessary on the
target filesystem -- without ever having to boot into the target filesystem.

--Mark