[poky] Zypper question

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue May 3 16:36:38 PDT 2011

On 5/3/11 6:09 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I'm trying to set up zypper on a qemu based system.  I've built
> the image & additional packages in 192.168.1.125:/local/qemu_test/tmp/deploy/rpm/
> This system is running lighttpd and has the path http://192.168.1.125/qemu-repo
> set to that path.  I verified it by fetching http://192.168.1.125/qemu-repo/solvedb.conf
> which shows up as
>    /local/qemu_test/tmp/deploy/rpm/qemux86/solvedb
>    /local/qemu_test/tmp/deploy/rpm/i586/solvedb
>    /local/qemu_test/tmp/deploy/rpm/all/solvedb
>
> On the QEMU system, I ran
>    # zypper addrepo http://192.168.1.125/qemu-repo yocto
>    # zypper refresh
> No errors were reported
>
> When I tried to install a package, I got this:
>    # zypper install gst-plugins-base
>    Error building the cache.
>    [1] Repository type can't be determined.
>    warning: Disabling repository 'yocto' because of the above error.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Note: I tried to follow https://wiki.pokylinux.org/wiki/Zypper_Repository_Setup
> Can I help with this (edit the page, etc)?  If so, how do I get a login?

This is odd.  I didn't experience these issues when I was doing the development
/ testing.

>From the above there is an "Error building the cache."  the only caching steps
that occur during an install is a sync of the system's RPM cache.  If something
is wrong there you can get a similar error.

Try simply running "rpm -qa" and make sure you get reasonable output.  If not,
then RPM isn't installed properly.  (By default on a minimal system, the RPM
database is removed after the rootfs is populated.)

--Mark