[poky] Zypper question

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue May 3 16:09:11 PDT 2011

I'm trying to set up zypper on a qemu based system.  I've built
the image & additional packages in 192.168.1.125:/local/qemu_test/tmp/deploy/rpm/
This system is running lighttpd and has the path http://192.168.1.125/qemu-repo
set to that path.  I verified it by fetching http://192.168.1.125/qemu-repo/solvedb.conf
which shows up as
   /local/qemu_test/tmp/deploy/rpm/qemux86/solvedb
   /local/qemu_test/tmp/deploy/rpm/i586/solvedb
   /local/qemu_test/tmp/deploy/rpm/all/solvedb

On the QEMU system, I ran
   # zypper addrepo http://192.168.1.125/qemu-repo yocto
   # zypper refresh
No errors were reported

When I tried to install a package, I got this:
   # zypper install gst-plugins-base
   Error building the cache.
   [1] Repository type can't be determined.
   warning: Disabling repository 'yocto' because of the above error.

What am I doing wrong?

Note: I tried to follow https://wiki.pokylinux.org/wiki/Zypper_Repository_Setup
Can I help with this (edit the page, etc)?  If so, how do I get a login?