[poky] Incorrect startup warning on ARM targets

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue May 3 15:07:22 PDT 2011

When building for an ARM target, you may see this error:
   /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr is not <= 65536. This will cause problems with qemu so please fix the value (as root)

This is a show-stopper; bitbake refuses to run until it's fixed.
However, I don't believe it is useful or required any longer.  From
my understanding, it was there in the past because QEMU for ARM didn't
work correctly unless this system parameter was set as indicated.  That
was when QEMU was being used during the build to create localization
data.  This is no longer being done and QEMU is not used during the
build process.

Perhaps we could eliminate this warning or make it conditional
somehow?  As is, asking the user to make a system-wide setting
as root for something that's not necessary seems wrong.