[poky] post-image-creation postinsts

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon May 2 08:12:21 PDT 2011

Hi,

Currently from poky-bernard-5.0, in gdk-pixbuf_2.22.1.bb, we have:

postinst_pixbufloader () {
if [ "x$D" != "x" ]; then
    exit 1
fi

GDK_PIXBUF_MODULEDIR=${libdir}/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/${LIBV}/loaders
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache

test -x ${bindir}/gtk-update-icon-cache && gtk-update-icon-cache  -q
${datadir}/icons/hicolor
}

This results in a first-boot icon cache query in my image, which is
pretty lame since we could equally well do this after the image is
generated, and not on every computer that boots the image.

It seems to me we could add some mechanism for mounting the image
filesystem and running a script in there (guestfs?), or maybe an
automated QEMU boot, run the postinsts, and sync/shutdown?

Thoughts?