[poky] Out of date warning?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Feb 25 05:46:00 PST 2011

Poky just presented me with this warning (on a new machine), when building for
an ARM (OMAP/3530) platform:

$ bitbake omap-installer-image
Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build
ERROR:  Poky's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
     Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
     Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

     /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr is not 0. This will cause problems with qemu so please fix the value (as root).

To fix this in later reboots, set vm.mmap_min_addr = 0 in /etc/sysctl.conf.

I know this warning was in place because Qemu was used to run some
tasks, e.g. locale generation.  My impression is that this is no longer
the case, so do we still need this warning?