[poky] Dropbear SSH and empty root password

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:29:55 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> The default images have no password for root.  This used to
> work fine with the dropbear SSH server, but no longer does.
>
> I see that the recipe has this line:
>  file://allow-nopw.patch;apply=no
>
> Any comment on why this was disabled?  I think the history
> of this change was lost in the great packages reshuffle.

if you see in dropbear.inc a bit below you will see this

do_configure_prepend() {
        if [ "x${DISTRO}" != "xfamiliar" -a "${DISTRO_TYPE}" = "debug" ]; then
                oenote "WARNING: applying allow-nopw.patch which
allows password-less logins!"
                patch -p1 < ${WORKDIR}/allow-nopw.patch
        fi
}

so if your distro_type is debug then you will get it applied automatically.