[poky] Booting BeagleBoard

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Sat Feb 12 06:52:53 PST 2011

I have a BeagleBoard C3 (not the new xM).  Trying to run the
latest Poky ran into some problems:

* The boot commands in README.hardware are no longer accurate
   for the 2.6.37 (linux-yocto) kernel.  At least you need to
   use ttyO2 for the serial console.
* There is no video?  /dev/fb0 is not being created.

I know that the previous (Angstrom based) 2.6.32 kernel had
lots of additions which support video (DSS subsystem) and
also camera (ISP).  Has this support been ported forward
into the Yocto kernel?

Perhaps I missed some setting?

Thanks