[poky] busybox & update-alternatives

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Feb 11 08:53:52 PST 2011

A build for my platform with today's master
   49a18f1748d2417958b8e19cdd58c0c79f4fc728
shows a new behaviour - many messages like this:
   update-alternatives: Linking //usr/bin/wc to ../../bin/busybox

Questions:
   * Is this truly new or was it just quiet before?
   * Can't this be done at image build time?  On my little
     embedded OMAP-L138, it takes nearly 2 minutes to run
     through this.  My root is a ramdisk, so this is a cost
     I see on _every_ boot.
   * If it can't be done at build time, can I disable it?

Thanks