[poky] Can't build for BeagleBoard

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 10 09:13:17 PST 2011

On 02/10/2011 05:11 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 02/10/2011 06:09 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> Using latest master 296866c38e1b88df42d66bdc32cfed2d5212914c
>>
>> bitbake poky-image-sato fails with the log
>> http://www.mlbassoc.com/poky/log.do_compile-beagleboard
>>
>> You can see this with the simpler case
>> bitbake binutils
>>

> Belay that - I had Nitin's GCC 4.5.2 changes enabled, so this
> error probably only applies there.

I'm currently booting the poky-image-minimal on the beagleboard in the
following configs:

meta w/ linux-yocto

meta w/ linux-yocto-stable

meta
meta-linaro

There appears to be an issue with the serial driver, changing it to
ttyS2 from ttyO2 in beagleboard.conf seems to resolve it for the linaro
kernel. I'm looking into correcting the serial bits. The network
interface isn't working on the linaro kernel, but it does on the two
yocto kernels. I'm working on this as well.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center