[poky] DISTRO_FEATURES only extendable?

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Mon Feb 7 13:42:17 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> I have my own distribution which is an extension of Poky
> (my DISTRO.conf is based on poky.conf via requires)
>
> Is there some reason that DISTRO_FEATURES is fixed by poky.conf
> and not overridable?  e.g. my systems seldom have WiFi or PCMCIA,
> so it's silly to include that support.
>
> Would the attached patch be acceptable to the mainstream?

Note that there's no reason you can't override it now, just do it
after the require of poky.conf :)  Of course, using ?= makes it easier
to override it from local.conf without using an override, but they are
*distro* features after all, its intended to be in the distro's hands.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com