[poky] chromium browser

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 7 10:23:06 PST 2011

On 02/07/2011 04:51 AM, embedded.yogesh wrote:
> On Monday 07 February 2011 05:45 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> On 02/06/2011 09:52 PM, yogesh lal wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am new to poky, so don't know it will make any sense or not, but
>>> can we build chromium browser using Poky ?
>>
>> What's your target architecture? Last I checked, only x86 and ARM
>> are supported.
>>
>> It can be done, but it's certainly not for the faint of heart :-)
>>

> I am working on X86 platform. Can you give some initial start up where I
> have to look ?

Find and download the Chromium source, then have a look at the Poky
Reference Guide for how to create an appropriate recipe, using recipes
for projects with similar source layouts as examples.

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center