[poky] Quick hack for profiling tasks

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Feb 3 03:22:03 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 14:28 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 09:38 -0600, Mark Hatle wrote:
> > I'm still used to the RPM world where locales are included in the main package
> > and "tagged" so they will or won't be included automatically.  I forget they are
> > separated out in Poky by default.
> >
> > So skipping them makes sense to me...
>
> Some further numbers to backup my comments:
>
> "time bitbake poky-image-sato -k"
>
> Before patch:
>
> real 129m40.482s
> user 480m16.520s
> sys 66m9.170s
>
> After patch:
>
> real 117m7.704s
> user 455m40.330s
> sys 55m1.390s

and just for reference, with the recent fetcher improvements:

real	113m39.607s
user	458m25.570s
sys	55m15.250s

I'm doubting the accuracy of the user figure there but the build should
be faster overall due to less taring/untaring of tarballs and it looks
like it is. It would be possible to really show an improvement by
specifically profiling the kernel/linux-libc-headers recipes.

Cheers,

Richard