[poky] Poky & armv5te

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Feb 2 10:00:07 PST 2011

On 02/02/2011 10:42 AM, Darren Hart wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 09:24 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> I'd like to use Poky with my OMAP-L138 which is armv5te
>> Sadly today, this just isn't a go because of GCC issues.
>> I've tried all the combinations which are in the trees
>> (main & contrib) with no luck:
>> * 4.3.3 - fails to build GCC
>> * 4.5.1 - everything builds but kernel crashes
>> * 4.5.2 - fails to build GCC
>>
>> Am I totally out of luck?
>
> What are you running into? I've recently backported some changes in support of the Beagleboard (armv7-a) which were necessary to build with 4.5.1 and our 2.21 binutils.

As far as 4.5.1 goes, the kernel crashes immediately on bootup.
I didn't diagnose this much as it seemed to be similar to the
problem reported 2011-01-31 18:52GMT
   'Kernel Panics on armv4t with gcc.4.5.1'
To that end, I tried to use the 4.5.2 patches from Nitin
which failed to build at all (reported this morning)

Do you have a tree with your changes?  I could try my armv5te
overlay to see what happens.

Thanks