[poky] poky-image-sato-sdk failed at do_rootfs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 2 06:05:32 PST 2011

Dear Mark Hatle,

In message <4D4962A5.8060406 at windriver.com> you wrote:

> > I see - that was not clear to me from the comment ("Default to not
> > build 32 bit libs on 64 bit systems, comment this out if that is
> > desired").
> >
> > When is this option needed, then?  If it was not needed (and is
> > broken), should it eventually be removed?
>
> PSEUDO is similar to fakeroot, it is a LD_PRELOADed library that intercepts
> certain calls, and emulates a root user capable environment.
>
> As such, it MUST be able to intercept both 32-bit and 64-bit function calls,
> when both are available on a host.
>
> So if you have both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries installed on your host, you need
> to disable the NO32LIBS, otherwise you could end up with an incomplete faked
> root environment.

I see.  Thanks for the explanation.

well, I do have some 32 bit binaries installed but I doubt any of
these will be used during a normal build.

But that means that NO32LIBS is needed sometimes, and the bug I ran
into should be fixed.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you  hit,
call it the target.