[poky] [Reminder] Upcoming Yocto 1.0 Release Cycle

Elizabeth Flanagan elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Tue Feb 1 17:36:25 PST 2011

All,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up as we are coming up to the start of
the Yocto 1.0 release cycle. If you haven't had time to look at what the
next 2 months entail, please do so now at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v._1.0_Release_Cycle

This Friday, February 4th, is our feature freeze date. We should be
mostly feature complete by then with pull requests made. Please have all
pull request for new features for 1.0 in by Friday if not earlier. Our
distro maintainers would appreciate not having a deluge of pull
requests, so, if possible, please have these in well before Friday
morning. The initial build of a release candidate will begin Friday @ 5pm.

The first stage of our release cycle will be a 3 week long cycle of
stabilizing master/bug fixing/QA with release candidate generation
occurring on February 25th-26th. During this time should also be doing
regular IRC bug scrubs as we did this morning.

Also, during the next two months I'll be sending out regular emails
about what should be expected for the coming week.

For the week of Feb 4th-10th:

Feb 4th: Feature Freeze
	 Initial Yocto Reference Manual is due to QA
         Weekly Build

Feb 6th: Release Cycle Kickoff
         Weekly Build finished and delivered for QA

Feb 8th: IRC Bug Scrub (#yocto)

Feb 10th: IRC Bug Scrub (#yocto)

Feb 11th: Weekly Build
          Release Readiness Review