[poky] poky-image-sato-sdk failed at do_rootfs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 1 14:08:12 PST 2011

Dear Mark,

In message <4D486662.6020403 at windriver.com> you wrote:
> The failure indicated in your logs comes from building pseudo-native.  This is
> not related to the previous messages you sent.
>
> What is the host system type (Fedora, RHEL, etc), what is your byte size?
> 32-bit or 64-bit kernel...  any anything else you can give us to reproduce your
> configuration.

This is a Fedora 14 x86_64 host.

> The error below is fairly obvious.. it tried to build a 32-bit version of the
> pseudo libraries, this build failed due to a lack of 32-bit libgcc.so installed
> on your host.
>
> If I had to guess you have a 64-bit Fedora or RHEL host, and only partial 32-bit
> support installed.  Check using rpm or yum if you have the 32-bit libgcc-devel
> package installed.  (I'd also check for 32-bit glibc-devel).

	$ rpm -qa | grep glibc | sort
	arm-gp2x-linux-glibc-2.3.6-8.fc14.noarch
	glibc-2.12.90-21.i686
	glibc-2.12.90-21.x86_64
	glibc-common-2.12.90-21.x86_64
	glibc-devel-2.12.90-21.i686
	glibc-devel-2.12.90-21.x86_64
	glibc-headers-2.12.90-21.x86_64

I am aware that the standard installation of poky-scripts and
poky-depends is not sufficient on Fedora. Additionally, I installed
xmlto-tex, glibc-devel.i686, zlib-devel.i686, and chrpath

This used to satisfy all requirements, at least so far.  It used to
work before.

libgcc_s is normally provided by the gcc RPM:

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.5.1/libgcc_s.so
gcc-4.5.1-4.fc14.x86_64

But there is no gcc-4.5.1-4.fc14.i686 available for installation in a
x86_64 environment.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
                                                         - Mark Twain