[poky] More profiling of do_package data for the kernel

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Feb 1 07:11:57 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> so calling the shell's tar is definitely more efficient!

It is, and I think that's true for most, if not all of the archival
python modules, unfortunately.  I did a prototype of do_unpack using
them once, it was not a pretty picture ;)  Easily doubled the overall
unpack times in a build.  I wonder if a version done as a C/cython
extension would be much better, and if such a thing already exists..
hmm...
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com