[poky] poky-image-sato-sdk failed at do_rootfs

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Feb 1 05:32:19 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 05:07 -0800, Zhang, Jessica wrote:
> Richard Purdie wrote:
> > Hi Jessica,
> >
> > On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 16:58 -0800, Zhang, Jessica wrote:
> >> Some update with recent do_package racing condition triggered build
> >> issues. Today, I've cherry-picked 3 related commits: Kevin's fix for
> >> rebuild, Richard's fix for change PACKAGE_CLASSES and
> >> do_package_write* depends on libc do_package and did the following
> >> test builds:
> >> 1. bitbake poky-image-minimal (incremental)
> >> 2. bitbake poky-image-sato-sdk (incremental)
> >> 3. switch PACKAGE_CLASSES setting, then bitbake poky-image-minimal
> >> Everything behaved as desired so far.  Then I did
> >> 4. bitbake libgcc virtual/libc -c package -f
> >> 5. bitbake poky-image-minimal and stumbled on the eglibc depencies
> >> issues again, then Richard suggest me to make the following change:
> >>
> http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=jzhang/eglibc_issue
> >> , which solved my build issues.
> >
> > I've tried locally and I cannot reproduce this problem any more with
> > master. I'm wondering if there is some kind of caches state problem
> > within your build which is causing this?
>
> Interesting, any idea how can this happen since I didn't do anything else
> between the tests
>

> > I don't think the above patch I've proposed is correct.
>
> Ok, I'll revert this back and re-run test 4 and 5 today to see what will
> happen...

Can you please try a build from scratch. I think most of your .ipk files
look corrupt as there are many eglibc dependencies in there which there
simply shouldn't be. If they were built whilst eglibc was rebuilding
that would explain the problem but it means your build directory is
unstable now :(. If there is a root cause, the above patch isn't it.

Cheers,

Richard