[poky] Library paths for Makefile based recipes

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Dec 30 06:11:29 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 16:58 -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
>> Turns out the project Makefile is doing this:
>>
>> CC = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
>> AR = $(CROSS_COMPILE)ar
>>
>> Removing those lines from the Makefile allows the project to build.
>
> You could also set CROSS_COMPILE to the right value (TARGET_PREFIX?) and
> things should work. This looks very similar to how we cross compile the
> kernel.

I'm not familiar with this particular project, but unless it's bare
metal or nearly so like a kernel or bootloader, that's likely not a
good idea, since it won't end up obeying our TARGET_CC_ARCH.  An
alternative to setting CC/AR in EXTRA_OEMAKE or removing those lines
from the makefile would be to set them there, but using ?=.  This
would let the versions in the environment be used in preference to
those.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com