[poky] Library paths for Makefile based recipes

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Dec 30 02:24:21 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-29 at 08:19 -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
> On 12/29/2010 01:18 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
> >
> > Op 29 dec 2010, om 01:29 heeft Darren Hart het volgende geschreven:
> >
> >> I'm working on packaging kernelshark ("make gui" for the trace-cmd recipe
> >> basically). It fails trying to link to -lgtk-x11-2.0. I have added gtk+
> >> as a DEPENDS and the library does exist in the sysroots. I have also added
> >> "inherit pkgconfig" as the project Makefile uses it extensively.
> >
> > 'inherit pkgconfig' only does DEPENDS_prepend = "pkgconfig-native "
>
> Right, but omitting it could result in the package being built using the
> host pkg-config, which shouldn't be a build dependency.

Worse, it might use the host systems pkgconfig which might have broken
sysroot support or suffer from some other issues our own pkgconfig does
not.

E.g:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-devtools/pkgconfig/pkgconfig/disable-legacy.patch

and versions prior to 0.25 have broken sysroot support.

Cheers,

Richard