[poky] about ${KERNEL_CC} and ${CC}

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Dec 30 02:21:01 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 05:27 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 12/23/2010 02:44 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > Perf should be compiled with the userspace toolchain, not the kernel
> > one. I'd say this fix is therefore correct.
> >
> > Adding TOOLCHAIN_OPTIONS to KERNEL_CC would also probably be a good idea
> > too.
>
> Perfect idea!  I added this and I'm now able to rebuild my
> kernel package using a sstate-cache based toolchain.  This
> should close bug #605
>
> Patch attached for review.

There is no need to set TOOLCHAIN_OPTIONS and we need to alter both
KERNEL_CC and KERNEL_LD which both have this problem or
TOOLCHAIN_OPTIONS being missing. I've pushed a patch into master which
does this.

I've also pushed a patch to ensure the userspace compiler if used to
build perf.

Let me know if there are any more problems in this area.

Cheers,

Richard