[poky] New live image missing rootfs

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue Dec 28 11:41:32 PST 2010

I'm working on a preempt-rt layer, currently in my contrib branch:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=dvhart/meta-rt

It builds and boots for qemux86-64 and creates a similarly sized image
for atom-pc, but when I build the -live image, the resulting image is
8.5 MB instead of the expected 81 MB. Mounting the 8.5 MB image shows it
to be missing the root filesystem.

$ ls poky-image-minimal-rt
initrd  ldlinux.sys  syslinux.cfg  vmlinuz

I followed the same process I used to create the live image recipes in
the meta-demo layer. Can anyone explain why this recipe wouldn't
complete the assembly - and not issue any obvious complaints to the console?

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart
Yocto Linux Kernel