[poky] Replacement for fakeroot do_install()?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Dec 22 06:48:14 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 14:48 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> What's is the pseudo way to do fakeroot do_install()? I have a number
> of OE recipes that still use fakeroot and I would like to get rid of
> that in the OE layer for yocto.

All do_install's within poky now run under fakeroot (at least in the
target case).

fakeroot do_install () still works (fakeroot is a flag you can add to
any function), likewise:

do_install[fakeroot] = "1"

which means the same thing. The only downside to doing things this way
is it would apply to native recipes too and it doesn't make sense to use
fakeroot for native recipes (not least how would you then build
fakeroot/pseudo?).

So the simple answer is probably to drop the do_install references.

Cheers,

Richard