[poky] New fetch error

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Dec 21 09:29:01 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 08:29 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> Query: is 'cleanall' expected to also remove files from $DL_DIR?
> It does so, but produces no notes about it (it's pretty verbose
> about all the other files it deletes)
>
> If this is the case, could there be a 'cleansstate' or some
> such?  All I really wanted to do was force a complete rebuild
> of a package, ignoring the local sstate files.  'cleanall'
> gave me more than I bargained for.

Which is one of the reasons I never really wanted to add more "clean"
options. Everyone has some different expectation about what a given
'clean' should actually remove and its not possible to satisfy
everyone :/. I don't really want to end up with twenty different cleans.

Ultimately, I think -c clean should plant something in the system that
has it ignore any sstate packages *anywhere* (including remote) and
rebuild that package.

'cleanall' then makes sense as it is and nothing else should be needed.

So the above is the big hint as to the patch I'd like to see :)

Cheers,

Richard