[poky] Write-protect $DL_DIR

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Dec 21 07:45:12 PST 2010

In my quest for a well-packaged Poky that I can distribute
to my customers, I'd like to give them a pre-populated $DL_DIR
tree (also in response to those customers that have little or
no net access).  This would likely be in /opt/XYZ and practice
would dictate that it be read-only.

Sadly, this doesn't work.  When I try to build Poky with a
read-only $DL_DIR, it simply hangs on every 'fetch' step.

Note: I could avoid this problem (although I think it's a
bug even if it should never be experienced) by being able
to easily provide source mirrors for the packages.  So far,
I've not figured out how to do this; I'd like to add my
own mirror lists, similar to those in meta/classes/poky.bbclass
Would this be a way forward?  If so, how?

Thanks for any ideas