[poky] Shared state prebuild copy bug report (bug #602)

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Dec 20 14:58:56 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 21:43 -0800, Scott Garman wrote:
> On 12/16/2010 08:47 PM, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> >
> > I assume that you're not using the latest master, correct? I'm asking here as I
> > encountered other errors earlier than this one due to a 'noexec' change from RP
> > yesterday, and thus your info would confirm my guess. :-)
>
> No, I managed to do this test with today's commit
> (ac4364698618a541624d1a00f27b638815e5a3f5).
>
> > Then after revert that commit, now I do reproduce this with same error as yours,
> > except that it happens on git-native. This is understood as I think all perl related
> > scripts will hit this issue.
>
> This will impact a ton of recipes as perl is used heavily by autotools.
>
> > However I haven't found which bit contains that bad link pointing to original build
> > directory. I checked tmp/sysroot/i686-linux/usr/lib/perl/5.8.8/Config.pm, where
> > all hard paths are changed to new build directory correctly... :/
>
> Thanks for looking into this.

I've committed a workaround for this in the form of:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=master&id=9975c00c1a6a9ae1c39678dec0986f4c62418c96

which means perl-native will always be rebuilt but at least builds
should then work.

I've left bug #602 open as a hint to investigate a proper fix for this,
maybe by setting an environment variable and/or a wrapper script.

At present the aim is to get the sstate packages working, then we can
look at details like this.

Cheers,

Richard