[poky] about 'noexec' message

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Dec 20 07:04:37 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 12:23 +0800, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> Unfortunately I think this causes another problem when using sstate. I got an error
> from m4-native when building from scratch (with prebuilt available):
>
> ERROR: install: cannot stat `xxx/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/share/gnu-config/config.sub
>
> Actually from the log gnu-config.do_populate_sysroot has been accelerated earlier in
> setscene stage, with necessary sysroot files installed. However later gnu-config-native
> is still considered requiring rebuild, and thus the installed sysroot files are removed again.
> The weird thing under this condition is that m4-native thought that do_populate_sysroot
> of gnu-config-native has been completed and thus doesn't wait for new build of
> gnu-config-native to complete, which then triggers above error.
>
> I haven't figure out the reason why this commit causes this confliction: sstate package
> is installed successfully but the package still requires rebuild. By reverting this change
> this error disappears.

I made some assumptions in the fix I pushed which weren't correct but
didn't show up under the testing I gave it. The real underlying issue is
that the XXX_setscene stamps are never created for setscene noexec
tasks. I've pushed a fix which does this now:

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=a86f960f651c561bb104723aa0b4cd0922a3425a

Cheers,

Richard