[poky] [yocto] Announcing poky-extras repository available

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 03:29:36 PST 2010

2010/12/16 Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com>:

> Hello All,
>
> Recently Richard sent around an email proposing that a new repository be
> created for hosting layers that are not part of the core Yocto Metadata.
>
> This new repository "poky-extras" can host different contributed layers and
> will be open to any one.
>
> From Richard's proposed ground rules:
>
>> * it has the OE style open contributions model
>> * consists of a set of layers, each clearly identified at the top level
>> * each layer has a clearly named maintainer or maintainers
>> * people respect the layer maintainers
>> * layers are split into logical "topics" where at all possible
>
> The first layer contained in this new repository is the meta-linaro layer,
> the top level repository will be removed short since it will now be
> maintained in poky-extras.
>
> If you require write access to this repository, please send your request to
> git-requests at yoctoproject.org

Saul, all,

I've peeked at poky-extras. The meta-linaor layer does not have an
identifiable maintainer (grep -ir maint . in that dir did not result
in any hits).
Do we have a policy on when/how to create a layer.
My intention is to bring over some of my OE recipes (as I would love
to be able to build my james image under poky too).

Best regards, Frans