[poky] perl binary hard-code path hurts sstate

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Dec 17 05:58:49 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 06:49 -0700, Chris Larson wrote:
> These sorts of issues aren't new, or fun, sadly.  We've run into many
> like this using packaged staging.  We had to use the variable to
> disable packaged-staging for exactly this reason, so something similar
> for sstate would indeed be useful for this.

In cases like this I'd suggest adding the encoded path into the checksum
via vardeps. This means the sstate package will be reused when the path
matches but not otherwise.

We can then work on removing the dependencies which I agree is the goal
but we should get them identified first.

Cheers,

Richard