[poky] Shared state prebuild copy bug report (bug #602)

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Thu Dec 16 18:30:27 PST 2010

On 12/16/2010 06:19 PM, Tian, Kevin wrote:
>> I'm guessing Perl creates a configuration file somewhere in the sysroot
>> which contains full pathnames to it's Perl module directories. That
>> config file gets rolled into the prebuild package and cannot be used on
>> another build directory.
>>

> I think so, just curious how it may be reproduced in my side. I just have one
> linux box in front now. :/
>
> Or could you search which file @INC actually points to and its content?

It appears that @INC is encoded into the perl interpreter itself. cd
into your native sysroot directory and run ./usr/bin/perl -V

To reproduce this, bitbake an image in one directory. Then, create a
separate directory somewhere else, and copy your sstate-cache over to
the second build area. Finally (and this is important), rename your
original build area.

I'd bet that will make this reproducable.

Scott

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Distro Engineer - Yocto Project