[poky] Kernel recipe naming

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 10:43:47 PST 2010

2010/12/9 Darren Hart <dvhart at linux.intel.com>:
> I asked Richard about recipe naming convention this morning. We were pressed for
> time, but this is what I took away from the discussion.
>
> For typical packages, the filename typically looks like:
>
> package-name_version.bb

For perl cpan recipes the policy in OE is:
if the package is called X::Y the recipe name becomes
libX-Y-perl_version.bb

poky has only a few perl cpan packages but they seem to follow the same pattern.
In any case I feel it is quite desirable that they have perl in the
name, so they are easily identifiable as such.

Frans