[poky] sstate status

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 8 06:50:01 PST 2010

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 14:15:45 Tian, Kevin wrote:
> It's a little different from my case, though I also observed lots of packages
> rebuilt besides native ones.

This is what I saw as well.

> How did you check the hash has been changed? In my case git-native
> simply overrides sstate package with same checksum.

I hacked together a shell script that looks for .siginfo files with the same package/arch/task but a different hash; if it finds these then it uses bitbake-diffsigs to compare them.

As for the sstate packages being overwritten, I assume this is happening in my case as I can see the packages being rebuilt in the bitbake output.

> Also I found that git-native.do_populate_setsecene is not scheduled at all,
> which may be the reason for the rebuilt, but I haven't got the cause.

Hmm, then it could be unrelated to the general problem.

You didn't see this behaviour with your tk/sstate branch I presume?

Cheers,
Paul