[poky] sstate status

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 8 06:02:15 PST 2010

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 11:41:22 you wrote:
> Do we still need those variable whitelisting changes? Based on original
> branch you pushed (basically RP's branch rebased on master imo), I think it
> basically works at least for a single recipe build though above weird issue
> exists for image build.
>
> Of course we need keep some bitbake specific variables in whitelist, such as
> DATE, TIME and several others you added in last commit.

Aren't many of those variables still exposed via preserved_envvars_list()?

> On the other hand, did you observe my issue on this new push? I want to
> understand its root cause, which is really funny.

I have to admit I didn't look closely enough to be sure - I was mainly testing between two different build machines which don't share the same native arch, so the native packages were rebuilt anyway. I'm starting a fresh build now with my new branch to see if I can reproduce your results.

Cheers,
Paul