[poky] Master Stability

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Tue Dec 7 10:54:20 PST 2010

On 12/07/2010 10:43 AM, Joshua Lock wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 09:44 -0800, Elizabeth Flanagan wrote:
>> Acked-by: Beth Flanagan
>>
>> (Stands on build engineer soap box)
>>
>> If at all possible, when you try to verify a fix, do a full clean build
>> for more than just one arch using BB_NUMBER_THREADS and PARALLEL_MAKE.
>> With the number of pull requests coming through, it becomes more and
>> more vital to verify patches prior to sending them out.
>>
>> Preferably, I'd like to start seeing people add something like a
>> Verified-with:<build target>  tag to pull requests, so we can at least
>> identify pulls that need more peer review than normal.
>
> Personally I'd like to see links to an autobuilder report showing it has
> succeeded and if such a tag is *not* on a pull request it's
> automatically pushed to an autobuilder instance with the success of the
> build sent back to the list as a reply to the patch thread.
>
> I think hardware constraints make this a bit of a pipe dream though?

We're definitely hardware constrained for it. I want a pony also. ;)

Beth has started working on customizing Buildbot's web interface to
allow finer-grained control over what gets built. A longer-range goal of
this is eventually be able to pick which targets and architectures get
built from a custom autobuilder buildset. That way someone with a commit
to quilt (which has very few dependencies) wouldn't have to build all of
poky-image-sato to demonstrate their build works. With something like
that in place, we can start to consider having individual developers
test their changes on our autobuilder infrastructure. Which would kick ass.

Scott

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Distro Engineer - Yocto Project