[poky] Master Stability

Joshua Lock josh at openedhand.com
Tue Dec 7 10:43:06 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 09:44 -0800, Elizabeth Flanagan wrote:
> Acked-by: Beth Flanagan
>
> (Stands on build engineer soap box)
>
> If at all possible, when you try to verify a fix, do a full clean build
> for more than just one arch using BB_NUMBER_THREADS and PARALLEL_MAKE.
> With the number of pull requests coming through, it becomes more and
> more vital to verify patches prior to sending them out.
>
> Preferably, I'd like to start seeing people add something like a
> Verified-with: <build target> tag to pull requests, so we can at least
> identify pulls that need more peer review than normal.

Personally I'd like to see links to an autobuilder report showing it has
succeeded and if such a tag is *not* on a pull request it's
automatically pushed to an autobuilder instance with the success of the
build sent back to the list as a reply to the patch thread.

I think hardware constraints make this a bit of a pipe dream though?

Cheers,
Joshua
--
Joshua Lock