[poky] sstate status

Richard Purdie rpurdie at linux.intel.com
Sun Dec 5 17:29:56 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 19:10 +0800, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> Sure. However my remote machine in office is down unexpectedly. I'll verify it later
> when going to office next week.
>
> BTW, on my branch there're also some bug fixes out of environmental variables issue,
> which could you take a look whether they're correct?
>
> http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=tk/sstate&id=7a6fc816766ea925591a0cf6ae17383a953ae061, siggen.py: set 'runtaskdeps' correctly

I've merged this one, thanks.

> http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=tk/sstate&id=0a4c46dc2c122ef5c1057380e79b75e302583b4a, siggen.py: fix python error when comparing sstate generated from different srcpath

I understand the need for this but I don't like the implementation :)

We can't use OEROOT here as its not a standard variable and is
deprecated. I was initially thinking POKYBASE but that isn't right
either in bitbake. Hmm.

Chris, any suggestions? I'm actually struggling a bit to come up with a
variable that represents a "head" of the metadata :/. Perhaps filename
would be enough in this case?

I'd also suggest we remove this path when we save the siginfo file, not
when we load it and do the comparison.

> http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=tk/sstate&id=7d6dd0b5717b565f478c88d53cf5e53e139f1141, siggen.py: fix the wrong usage on BB_TASKHASH_WHITELIST

Why the initial:

if self.twl and not self.twl.search(dataCache.pkg_fn[fn]):

?

I suspect it should just be:

dep_fn = re.search("(?P<fn>.*)\..*", dep).group('fn')
if self.twl.search(dataCache.pkg_fn[dep_fn]):
    #bb.note("Skipping %s" % dep)
    continue

?

For native/cross tasks, I still expect then to have dependencies and be
rebuilt if something changes, I just don't expect target packages to
change when native/cross ones do.

Cheers,

Richard