[poky] PATCH: openssl: disable execstack flag to prevent problems with SELinux

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at intel.com
Fri Dec 3 08:09:03 PST 2010

On Thursday 02 December 2010 18:46:10 you wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 02:23 AM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > openssl: disable execstack flag to prevent problems with SELinux
> >
> > The execstack flag gets set on libcrypto.so by default which causes SELinux
> > to prevent it from being loaded on systems using SELinux, which includes
> > Fedora. This patch disables the execstack flag. (Note: Red Hat do this in
> > their openssl packaging.)
> >
> Should this be a native only CFLAG change?
>
> Since we are not SELinux on the target (that might be a layer someone
> else might provide).

AFAICT there's no benefit to leaving the execstack flag enabled for this library. However if we want to take the conservative approach and leave it as-is for the target that's fine. Let me know if that's the case and I will produce a new patch.

Cheers,
Paul
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)