[poky] FW: Eclipse plugin question

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Dec 2 15:53:28 PST 2010

On 12/02/2010 04:32 PM, Zhang, Jessica wrote:
> Now, it seems you're having some issue on setting up TCF connections, we
> need to resolve this before you can use remote debugging/run.  Can you right
> click "Terminals" under "localhost.192.168.1.177" and select "properties",
> then highlight "TCF Connection Setting" and send us the screen shot of this?
>
> One thing I want to point out, since you're connecting to remote system
> "192.168.1.177" as root, when you login to that system as root, what command
> prompt you get? E.g. $ or #, then in the TCF connection setup you need to
> set them exactly the same...also, does root need password to login to the
> remote device? If so, in the TCF connection wizard, you need to chage
> PWD.Required from "false" to "true".

That was at least part of the problem.  I don't recall the TCF wizard
ever asking me these questions (but I might have missed it).  I poked
around and right clicked on the connection (192.168.1.177) and got into
the TCF properties and was able to set this to true.

I had to restart eclipse to make it go though.

At this point, I can run something, thanks.  I'll let you know if I
have other problems.