[meta-xilinx] u-boot fpga command silently fails on zcu102 SD boot

Luca Ceresoli luca at lucaceresoli.net
Wed Apr 24 08:52:32 PDT 2019

Hi Michael,

On 24/04/19 01:51, Monaghan, Michael L. (GSFC-5870) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When booting from SD on the zcu102, the u-boot `fpga` command appears silently fails to configure the PL. The done led does not illuminate and the command returns 1.

PMUFW version? 2018.3?

Since 2018.3, the build instructions for pmu firmware are broken. The
copy_bsp.sh script does not copy the FPGA loading files, which results
is a successful build of a PMUFW *without* the FPGA loading feature.

Andreas reported the problem and sent a patch to fix it:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-xilinx/2019-January/004184.html

The patch is in meta-xilinx master, but has not been backported to thud,
so you should try that.

Additionally, a patch has been merged in U-Boot 2019.04 to always print
an error message when FPGA loading fails, you might want that one as well:
https://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=8df324a20b45f3a15a166797a2d5a5d447337891

Hope it helps.

Manjukumar, Mounika, this issue is still hurting people. I'd like to
renew my appeal to really fix
it:https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-xilinx/2019-January/004190.html

Thanks,
--