[meta-xilinx] pre-built SD card image for zedboard to verify board actually works? [SOLVED]

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Apr 20 11:42:56 PDT 2019

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i was just gifted with an avnet zedboard with no SD card and,
> before i launch into trying to build my own boot images with YP, i'd
> like to copy some minimal pre-built files to an SD card and just
> make sure the board works. i've been trying that for the last couple
> hours and have had absolutely no luck, in the sense that, other than
> the power LED coming on, i've seen no sign that anything is
> happening with this board.

  ... snip ...

  after painstaking reading of every alleged set of boot instructions
i could find online, i simply reformatted another SD card with a first
partition of FAT16, copied a pre-built BOOT.BIN from the net and,
viola, it booted to u-boot. apparently, ninth time is a charm. go
figure.

  one final favour ... i've found the instructions to create my own
BOOT.BIN but, in the meantime, can anyone point me at a *recent*
build? the one i downloaded is some kind of old:

zed-boot> version
U-Boot 2011.03-dirty (Jul 11 2012 - 16:07:00)
arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-50) 4.6.1
GNU ld (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-50) 2.21.53.20110905

  if anyone can provide a link to a far more recent BOOT.BIN, all i
care about is booting to u-boot -- for the moment, i have no interest
in booting to linux. i'll take care of that on my own. thanks.

rday

                         http://crashcourse.ca