[meta-xilinx] Kernel version, xilinx git repo, yocto kernel

Arno Steffens epsi at gmx.de
Wed Apr 3 04:53:22 PDT 2019

I need a more recent kernel (Zynq 7000) and wondering, what can I do.
Why I am looking for that?
I have I2C issues and guess I need the recovery functionality, but the Cadence I2c driver that supports it is only in the current xilinx master branch. Even not in mainline 4.19.

Before this I2C issue popped up I took a kernel.org LTS kernel and patch/take over the qspi/dma stuff that I need from the xilinx kernel. But this time it will not work. What would you recommend me?

Just take to master branch? That will probably never work with RT patches ...
The xlx-kernel - Which kernel-org version it is based on?

Best regards, Arno