[meta-xilinx] How to install mtd-utils on rootfs

Oleg K Dzhimiev oleg at elphel.com
Fri Jul 22 10:36:42 PDT 2016

1. do_compile is not the last task for rootfs - should be do_image.
Run these (the 2nd line is without command defined - the recipe will run
through all of the tasks):
bitbake core-image-minimal -c configure -f
bitbake core-image-minimal

2a. The compiled mtd-utils programs go to:
poky/build/tmp/work/<some-long-name>/mtd-utils/<mtd-utils-version>/image/usr/sbin/
2b. If the result rootfs is *.tar.gz - check the build date then just open
the archive and see if flashcp is in /usr/sbin/

--
Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev