[meta-xilinx] Interrupt forwarding in AMP configuration

Eric Wong ewong3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 00:15:46 PST 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Mike Looijmans
<mike.looijmans at topic.nl> wrote:
> The devicetree only guards that other drivers won't steal your interrupts
> away. It does not cause the remoteproc driver to activate or assign them.
>
> Your firmware has to register and activate the interrupt by itself. If Linux
> complains about your interrupt, you probably routed it to the wrong CPU.

Yes, my firmware does register and activate the interrupt.  I was
under the (apparently mistaken) impression that specifying the
interrupts in the remoteproc devicetree entry does the routing
somehow. If it doesn't, then I'm not sure how/where the interrupt
routing is being accomplished in my system.  I'm not aware of doing
anything else that might route the interrupt.  Where are the typical
place(s) where interrupt routing is done in a Linux AMP system using
Yocto and meta-xilinx?

Aside from not knowing precisely how interrupt routing is occurring,
all the FPGA interrupts are working fine (being serviced by the RTOS
on CPU1 and Linux on CPU0 has no issues with them), but only as long
as the interrupt line idles low and triggered by the leading rising
edge of a pulse.  For reasons, there was one of these interrupts that
I wanted to idle high and triggered by the trailing rising edge of a
negative pulse, but that has not been cooperating.  Something really
doesn't like the interrupt line to be idling high.  When I make this
interrupt like the others, things are fine.

Thanks for your help.