[meta-xilinx] Interrupt forwarding in AMP configuration

Eric Wong ewong3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:38:23 PST 2016

In my AMP configuration with Linux on CPU0 and an RTOS on CPU1,
interrupts being routed to CPU1 are specified in the device tree entry
for remoteproc:

app: app at 0 {
    compatible = "xlnx,zynq_remoteproc";
    reg = < 0x1E000000 0x2000000 >;
    interrupt-parent = <&ps7_scugic_0>;
    interrupts = < 0 27 4  0 29 4  0 30 4  0 31 4  0 32 4  0 34 4  0
35 4  0 37 4  0 38 4  0 39 4 >;
    firmware = "app.elf";
    vring0 = <15>;
    vring1 = <14>;
} ;

The "4" in the interrupts line means the interrupt is active high, and
things seem to be working.  If I want an interrupt to be rising edge
triggered, I change the "4" to "1", but then when that interrupt
triggers I get "Unexpected IRQ trap at vector 00" error in Linux and
Linux freezes.  Does anyone know what that means or how to fix that
error?  I would think Linux wouldn't/shouldn't even be looking at the
interrupt(s) that are routed to CPU1.  Thanks in advance.