[meta-xilinx] : Is ilp32 abi supported?

Nathan Rossi nathan at nathanrossi.com
Thu Dec 15 19:39:00 PST 2016

On 16 December 2016 at 08:55, Schmitt, Richard
<Richard.Schmitt at commscope.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried to build for 32 bit userland for zcu102?
>

> I’ve tried setting DEFAULT_TUNE to ilp32 in my machine configuration but
> clearly this isn’t the right thing to do.

Currently in oe-core there is no aarch32 tune support, there is only
aarch64. There have been patches proposed but nothing has been merged
yet.

You could use the meta-axxia implementation of aarch32. Adding the
layer and including the tunes it in your machine will give you the
tune options, then you can pick what you need.
(https://github.com/axxia/meta-axxia/tree/master/conf/machine/include)

Or you could use the meta-linaro layer implemention for ilp32.
(http://git.linaro.org/openembedded/meta-linaro.git/tree/meta-ilp32/conf/machine/include/arm64/arch-armv8.inc)

Also, if you were not aware you can have a multilib rootfs built with
OE. This would allow you to have the 64bit and 32bit arm libraries.
There is some documentation on it here:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#combining-multiple-versions-library-files-into-one-image

Regards,
Nathan