[meta-xilinx] Building linux-yocto

SMITH Peter T peter.t.smith at alstom.com
Tue May 12 07:11:33 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I am new to Yocto and wish to build the linux-yocto kernel for my ZC702. I understood from reading various posts that I need to

1)      Set MACHINE to zc702-zynq7 in local.conf

2)      Set PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel to "linux-yocto" in local.conf

3)      Set PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto = "3.19%" in local.conf

However when I did this after building the automatically selected kernel for Zynq i.e. I did not add 2) and 3) to my local.conf I got a shed load of errors. Sorry but I have accidentally lost the error output (my bad). Can someone confirm that this is the correct way to select and build linux-yocto.

Thanks (sorry if this is a basic question)
Peter

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.